Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The significance of this win..] 20:25 - Aug 27 with 2430 viewsLordPork

Firstly apologies if this is felt as just another tag on the win, I hope it's not.

I've been going to Vicarage Road since the early 60's with mates who were Watty Supporters and I'd drag my heels along. Over the years I've been pilloried - and again today, by family and friends who are all Watty supporters. hence from a personal viewpoint this is a great win.
I was sat in the lower tier of G Taylor Stand and jeez, you are low, practically underground ! can see why there's an urge to relocate, the old burger stand on a ash mound near the corner of the Rookery has now gone, mind you that was 50+ years ago...

I never like patronising clapping but thats what we got when the teams were introduced to Sarr's appearance, we all know he's off somewhere so this was just a stay of execution. Next week they'll have changed their tune about him. As usual with these matches I'm with relatives in the bearpit of Watford supporters listening to our support, and it was great to hear. Meanwhile we had the monotony of their sodding drum. Whats the point, the chants are meaningless and can't be heard of the drum - explain?

From the off we were compact, well organised, in shape and playing the ball quickly and to feet. This seemed to unsettle them and from the off we were dominant, I for one wasn't expecting that. One or two mix ups, their 2nd goal but otherwise largely untroubled. Their shot clipping the bar was as near as they got to take an overall advantage.

During our last home game I was once again dismayed at the referee and linesman performances, Like Nigel Pearson who got distraught the other week, despite winning, today was once again a mixture.

Our linesman was regularly 2 metres behind play and on a couple of occasions too far behind to flag for offside. Watford's strategy has reverted to The Ross Jenkins Show of nearly 40 years ago where they hoof it for their 2 front runners, outside of that it's not a style I'd want to go and watch. Lose a few and this manager with this style of play will be dust for sure, It ain't pretty. Blatant shirt pulling by their LB went unchallenged and ignored despite the linesman being 3 metres away, imagine our shock and surprise therefore when their equaliser was ruled for offside, the linesman really pulled that out the bag. Got to say well done him for making such a decision, at the Rookery End, brave man.

the main point however if this fixture has been the graveyard of many a season for us. A non show disappointing effort here usually precedes a flat season and a loss puts down a marker, if Watty are in the ascendency we're in trouble. You can go back to the "Venables Slope" aftermatch comment, to the Glenn Roeder / Stan Bowles "double shuffle" comment ( there's only two people in football that can do that, and I taught Glenn ) but whichever ever way you odds this, this was a great performance and one that we should slide in the back pocket of experience and say "right, we've got that, lets nab another"

Top performers, Chair and Willock will get the plaudits, but overall, everyone there would have walked away saying that was a great team performance right through the club.

now, I never thought I'd be writing that..

You RRRRrrrrs etc

and a big shout out to the other R who was somewhere in the Lower Taylor Stand with me, we had to keep our joy under control, but he like I, were ecstatic on the 90.
The significance of this win..] on 20:32 - Aug 27 with 2341 viewsDamo1962

Nice. I have a Watford supporting Niece staying with me at the moment 😉🤗
The significance of this win..] on 20:33 - Aug 27 with 2333 viewsnix

Thanks for the report. I enjoyed this. Some good detail and interesting viewpoints that you don't see from the stream.

It goes to show how low the bar is for referees this season but I wasn't swearing about this performance particularly, although it was obvious they were pulling our players throughout the match without seemingly being blown up for it.

You did very well not to out yourself. I'm not sure I could have stayed in my seat when the third goal went in.

What did your mates think of us?
The significance of this win..] on 20:44 - Aug 27 with 2253 viewsLordPork

My son in law, bless him, really enjoyed the match, but two other friends/neighbours were right uppity about the loss, "3 shots, 3 goals and 1 deflected etc" was the mantra.

I'm 72, I've been an R since my dad took me to Loftus Road aged about 5 years old. This fixture always grates and we've had to take some crap over the years as we all know. But this felt different, I thought we looked a proper team and that included Dykes and the whole squad, no exceptions, brilliant. To see Chair chase right across their back 4 in an effort to win back possession, you have to see it.

You didn't get that from their players and the impact on the spectators too, they knew we were up for it. Just a simple little thing like that puts a marker down and lifts the supporters and team-mates alike. Simple stuff, but that's how good we were

You Rrrs etc
The significance of this win..] on 20:49 - Aug 27 with 2205 viewsMrSheen

Great report. I have no problem with Watford. We hate Ch*ls** for their winning combination of plastic glory hunting know-nothings and low-life terrorist filth. Watford set out to build the opposite, Ned Flanders niceness combined with local identity in a place that’s easy enough to deride, but that’s ludicrously twee for many too. (See also Crystal Palace.) More power to them, but thanks for the three points and see you round.
The significance of this win..] on 21:00 - Aug 27 with 2153 viewsqpr_1968

nice report lordpork, enjoyed that.

i assume you are a season ticket holder at loftus road, well you'd have to be.

listening on the qpr live stream you'd get too much crackling.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

The significance of this win..] on 21:03 - Aug 27 with 2133 viewsStrawberryHillR

I was in Graham Taylor Lower as well - I had a corporate spot lined up but it fell through in midweek so I had to sort out a last minute ticket in with the home supporters. It was like being at an orgy where you had to keep your pants on. I delivered an Oscar-worthy performance sympathising with guy next to me who completely lost it at the linesman when their late effort was ruled out for offside.

Applauding their goals and not doing anything when we score is the easy part, it's the 50/50 balls, the dodgy decisions, going to head the ball from your seat at the same time as Dunne or Dickie, those are the hard things to deal with. And not going bananas when Stroud books Seny for timewasting, and then immediately stops the game for a Watford substitution.
The significance of this win..] on 23:29 - Aug 27 with 1827 viewsLordPork

exactly Strawberry, exactly.....

I've sat in the same spot and watched Derek Dougan and John Richards come on for Wolves in a testimonial V Watty in 19sixty something, the place always carries so much luggage in the fixture doesn't it.

But today, well, the day of days, back it up on Tuesday and we're getting somewhere. True, there was an air of entitlement within the home support, something that's quite rare, all the better that we punctured it!

but seeing that lino raise his flag ...you could have knocked me down with a feather.
The significance of this win..] on 23:51 - Aug 27 with 1695 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The significance of this win..] on 23:29 - Aug 27 by LordPork

exactly Strawberry, exactly.....

I've sat in the same spot and watched Derek Dougan and John Richards come on for Wolves in a testimonial V Watty in 19sixty something, the place always carries so much luggage in the fixture doesn't it.

But today, well, the day of days, back it up on Tuesday and we're getting somewhere. True, there was an air of entitlement within the home support, something that's quite rare, all the better that we punctured it!

but seeing that lino raise his flag ...you could have knocked me down with a feather.

No significance. Absolutely none.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024